Pierre Y. Tada, Principal
Mr. Tada leads the Firm. Mr. Tada has extensive knowledge of all aspects of property development and operations including development, construction management, repositioning, environmental issues, zoning, entitlement, water, government agency relations and asset management.
Over his career Mr. Tada has been responsible for the acquisition, development, disposition, repositioning, and ongoing active management of more than $1 Billion in real estate assets.
Prior to Granite Peak Partners, Mr. Tada served as the Chief Executive Officer for Limoneira Company – a diversified agricultural/real estate land company based in Ventura County. During his 15 years of leadership, Mr. Tada successfully diversified the company from 3 to 13 product lines while expanding the Limoneira footprint into commercial and residential real estate investments. Under Mr. Tada’s leadership the company grew to become the largest lemon producer, and the second largest avocado producer in the U.S.
Past Professional Experience:
- Chief Executive Officer, Limoneira Company
- Executive, Carlsberg Corporation, a diversified real estate development and management company. Oversaw operations, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures valued at over $500 million.
- Chairman, Mission Produce
- Vice Chairman, Sunkist Growers Inc.
- CPA, Deloitte, Haskins and Sells (now Deloitte)
- MBA, University of California, Los Angeles
- CPA, State of California (inactive)
Current and Past Community Involvement:
- Board of Directors of California Agricultural Leadership Foundation (current)
- Chairman of the Board of the Ventura County Community Foundation (past)
- Chairman Ventura County Economic Development Association (past)
- Board of Ventura County United Way (past)
- Appointed by the Bush Administration to serve on a Federal Agricultural Trade Committee (past)
Steven Hughes, Principal, Director of Advisory Services
Mr. Hughes heads up the Advisory Services business for Granite Peak Partners
Since joining the Firm, Mr. Hughes has been responsible for concept formation and feasibility analysis for various multi-family projects, along with sourcing debt and equity capital for the acquisitions of industrial, multifamily, land development and construction projects.
Mr. Hughes brings over 30 years of professional real estate and financial experience. He has experience with a variety of asset types including multi-family, industrial, office, retail, hospitality and senior housing. Over his career, Mr. Hughes has completed debt financing totaling over $310 million and equity financing totaling over $100 million.
- President, Hughes Financial Resources, Inc., a real estate focused consulting firm working in the areas of hotel development, multi-family acquisitions, senior housing and retirement community acquisitions, medical facility disposition, and strategic planning for trusts and high-net worth individuals.
- CFO, JM Consulting Group, Inc., Focus on land acquisition, entitlement, engineering and construction of telecommunication facilities in California, Washington, Utah and Colorado.
- Vice President, High Capital Corp., Real estate development and investment company.
- Vice President-Finance, Simpson Housing Corp., Developer of multi-family properties.
- MBA – University of Denver
- California Brokers License
- Real Estate Adjunct Professor, Santa Barbara City College
- Board Member of Young Life of Central California
Jim Slaught, Principal, Director of Asset Management
Mr. Slaught has over 30 years of experience in the commercial real estate business specializing in commercial properties in California. He has developed and managed commercial properties and provided advisory services for clients in the areas of acquisitions, dispositions, development, asset management and tenant relations. Mr. Slaught’s property experience includes shopping centers, apartments, self-storage, industrial and office, hotels and single-family home developments.
- Director of Acquisitions and Development, Investec Commercial – Mr. Slaught directed the growth of the portfolio through acquisitions and development to 2,700,000 square feet of retail space valued at over $600,000,000. Notable projects include ground-up development and redevelopment projects of power, community and neighborhood shopping centers leased to national credit tenants such as Target, Home Depot, Staples, Vons, Albertsons, Ross, Smart & Final, Bed Bath & Beyond, Office Depot, Food 4 Less, and Trader Joe’s.
- Retail Properties Director, Pacifica Commercial Realty – Mr. Slaught managed the expansion of the shopping center specialty and accounted for sale and lease transactions totaling 1,200,000 square feet and valued at $130,000,000
- Mr. Slaught received his B.A. degree in Economics from the University of California at Irvine followed by additional studies in Accounting at the University of California at Santa Barbara. He has been a licensed California Real Estate Broker since 1984, holds the Certified Leasing Specialist (CLS) designation from the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) and is a graduate of the ICSC University of Shopping Centers School of Operations, Marketing and Leasing and School of Development, Design and Construction.
Casey Baron, Project Manager
Ms. Baron holds the Project Manager position at Granite Peak Partners. Ms. Baron is responsible for the overall performance and success of the company’s renovation and reposition projects. Ms. Baron is experienced in adding value to physical assets through comprehensive rebranding and physical renovation of common areas, unit interiors and tenant improvements.
Since joining the firm in April of 2012, Ms. Baron has initiated and led projects from the start as well as joined projects in process with project durations ranging from months to years and budgets in the multi-millions. Ms. Baron is currently leading two large multi-family “value-add” renovation projects in the Seattle area and involved in numerous multi-family renovation projects in Denver.
Ms. Baron is adept at managing the flow of information from the client, design team, contractors and other third party vendors while simultaneously accounting for the project budget, scope and schedule. Ms. Baron has earned a reputation as an excellent problem solver with strategic and tactical skills.
Before joining GPREA, Ms. Baron has worked with companies such as South Coast Properties, Inc., Orthofix International and Blackstone Medical.
Ms. Baron grew up in the Bay Area, California and came to Santa Barbara via the University of California, Santa Barbara where she earned a degree in Anthropology.
Ms. Baron is a licensed California Real Estate Salesperson (License #01973398) and has completed a Professional Certificate in Project Management.